Applicants who request direct funding over $150 million must submit a place to provide their facility and construction workers with access to child care. The plan should consist was two important things:
- Affordable, accessible, reliable, and high quality care
- Childcare should be in reach of low-medium income households.
- The center should be located in a convenient location and hours that meet the workers needs
- The center should provide a safe and healthy environment that families can trust
- Responsive to Workers' Needs
- CHIPS Program office encourages applicants to give access to a child care plan that works with community stakeholders (state and local) and local groups that are experts at administering childcare.